James D. Crum was admitted to the bar in 1989. He is licensed to practice in the Indiana and U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana. He received his undergraduate degree from Ohio State University and his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Indiana University.
Jim is a member of the Hamilton County, Indiana State, and American Bar Associations. He is a member of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association and a member of the Defense Research Institute. Currently, Jim is a Public defense counsel for the Hamilton County Circuit Court and is an officer in the Carmel Defense section of the Hamilton County Bar Association.
Jim’s experience in criminal Defense matters includes defending drunk
driving, drug possession and dealing, burglary, murder and other misdemeanor and felony charges.
Baber v. State of Indiana, 842 N.E.2d 343 (Ind. Sup. Ct. 2006)
Vasquez v. State of Indiana, 868 N.E.2d 473 (Ind. Sup. Ct. 2007)
- Bar Admissions:
- Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1989
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana,
Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Ohio State University,
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Hamilton County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Hamilton County Circuit Court
- Public Defense Counsel
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Carmel Defense Section