Big Firm Experience,
Daniel E. Coots
- Business Organizations & Transactions
- Corporate Law
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Real Estate
- General Civil Litigation
Dan Coots is a partner at Coots, Henke & Wheeler, P.C. Dan joined the firm in 1999, when he was admitted to the Indiana Bar. Dan is licensed to practice in the State of Indiana and U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. Dan received his undergraduate degree in Business-Marketing from the Indiana University Kelley School of Business and his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis.
Dan concentrates his law practice in the corporate/business law, real estate transactions, and estate planning and probate administration areas. Dan’s corporate/ business law practice includes assisting his clients in many different types of transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, covenants not to compete, shareholder buyouts and disputes, employment contracts and wage claims, and other general contract needs. In addition, Dan assists his clients with the formation, organizational, and management needs of his client’s business, as well as business succession planning for closely held business entities.
Dan’s estate planning practice includes assisting his clients with their estate planning needs at the various stages of their lives, from the newly married couple with small children to those clients with more advanced estate tax planning needs. His estate and trust administration practice covers all administration areas, including the preparation of income and transfer tax returns.
Dan is a member of the Indianapolis, Hamilton County, Indiana State, and American Bar Associations.
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. 1998
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. 1995
- Major: Business-Marketing
- Indiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1999
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member