- CHW remains committed to meeting client needs by remaining open for client meetings. To read more on how CHW is managing operational changes related to the COVID-19 pandemic, click on the following link: Special Message Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The 7th Circuit appellate court rules State of Indiana did not discriminate and retaliate against a former employee on the basis of the former employee’s sexual orientation. Read more about the decision HERE.
- The 7th Circuit appellate court affirms summary judgment in favor of a school district against a student’s claims the school violated Title IX after she reported that she was raped by another student off campus. Read more about the decision HERE.
- The Indiana Court of Appeals holds that local government is not liable for the death of a swimmer who allegedly contracted primary amoebic meningoencephalitis from exposure to naegleria fowleri while swimming in public waters. Read more about the case HERE.
CHW Making A Difference
- Coots, Henke & Wheeler, P.C. partners with Prime Life Enrichment
- Coots Henke & Wheeler, P.C. supports the fight against hunger with Wine Women & Shoes® and Gleaners Food Bank
- Coots, Henke & Wheeler, P.C. Attorneys recognized in the 2017 editions of Indiana Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®
- Coots, Henke & Wheeler, P.C. Attorney Volunteers for the 2017 Hamilton County Indiana Mock Trial Competition
- October 2016–Two attorneys from Coots Henke & Wheeler, P.C. are beginning a two year term on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Indiana State Bar Association. Attorney E. Davis Coots will serve as Chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section. Ryan H. Cassman will serve on the ADR section council.
- August 2016–Attorney E. Davis Coots is named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 in the practice area of Commercial Litigation.
- March 2016–James Crum, Alex Emerson and John Maurovich served as volunteer judges at the 2016 Hamilton County Indiana Mock Trial Competition held in January and February, 2016 at the Hamilton County Judicial Center. Each volunteer served as a judge over the mock courtroom and evaluated the students’ performances. Following the mock trial, the judges offered feedback to the teams and their coaches on their performances. The competition provides an educational forum for participating high school teams in Hamilton County regarding the judicial process and trial procedures.
- February 2016–Coots Henke & Wheeler, P.C. Attorneys Included in 2016 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- July 9, 2015 –Coots Henke and Wheeler, PC, hosted the Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals for the Stop, Collaborate and Listen! program. Attorney Ryan Cassman served as collaborative divorce counsel and is a trained member of the Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals (“CIACP”).
- June 26, 2015 –Matthew Hinkle, Attorney and Mediator, published legal update “Lack of Insurance Will Cost You More: Forfeiting Damages Under Indiana’s No Pay No Play Law”.