Big Firm Experience,
James Alex Emerson
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
- Employment Administrative Law Litigation
- Public Entity/Government
- Real Estate
Alex Emerson focuses his practice in civil litigation, public entity/government defense, and real estate.
Alex’s civil litigation practice involves insurance defense, prosecuting and defending personal injury claims, pursuing creditors’ rights, and representing clients in real estate and business disputes. Alex represents clients at both the trial and appellate level in state and federal court. Alex also has experience handling individual clients in state administrative hearings, including hearings related to a government agency’s challenge to the individual’s professional license and judicial review of adverse administrative decisions. In addition, Alex assists clients in resolving disputes via mediation, settlement negotiations, and other methods of alternative dispute resolution.
Alex represents public entities, elected officials, and employees in defending against civil rights, employment, and personal injury claims. Alex has defended police and sheriff departments and individual officers in cases involving excessive force, false arrest allegations, and jail conditions. Alex has also defended towns, cities, counties, and their employees from claims arising from regulatory action, contract disputes, land use, allegations of unlawful employment actions, and premises liability.
Alex also focuses on representing individuals in disputes involving real estate, including negotiating sales of realty, landlord/tenant disputes, quiet title and adverse possession claims, and issues related to commercial and residential leases.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. 2015
- Emory University
- Major: English
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana Law Review
- Hamilton County Indiana Mock Trial Competition, 2016 to 2017
- Hamilton Southeastern High School and Southeastern Swim Club - Coach
- Hamilton County Mock Trial Program - Volunteer Hamilton County
- Hamilton County Leadership Academy Graduate (2018)