Big Firm Experience,
Brandi A. Gibson
- Family Law
Brandi A. Gibson concentrates her practice in family law. Brandi has a wide range of courtroom and trial experience, which she utilizes as a Registered Civil Mediator and Family Law Mediator.
Brandi represents clients in all areas of family law, including divorce, legal separation, custody, parenting time, child support, paternity, emancipation, post-decree modifications and enforcement (including contempt actions), relocation, education orders, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, contested adoptions, protective orders and restraining orders. Brandi frequently serves as a Family Law Mediator. Brandi is also a Guardian Ad Litem and a Parenting Coordinator.
Brandi also has litigation experience involving diverse areas of law including insurance defense, premises liability, motor vehicles accidents, civil rights, school liability, construction litigation, real estate disputes, and employment disputes and discrimination. Brandi has represented cities, towns, townships and counties throughout the State of Indiana and works closely with local municipal and governmental officials to defend their interests. She has defended numerous governmental entities, police departments and police officers in cases involving false arrest and excessive force claims, police action shootings, police pursuits, jail conditions, and premises liability claims.
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. 2006
- Indiana University
- Bachelor of Arts 2003
- Honors: High Distinction
- Major: Sociology
- Minor: Criminal Justice
- Minor: Liberal Arts and Management Certificate
- Indiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2006
- Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Indiana Super Lawyer
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member, 2006 to Present
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Vice President, 2006 to Present
- Indiana Bar Association, Member, 2006 to Present