Big Firm Experience,
Jenna L. Heavner
- Family Law
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Civil Litigation
Jenna L. Heavner focuses her practice on a full range of family law issues, including high asset and complex divorce, asset valuation and division, separation, child custody, parenting time issues, child support, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements, guardianship, adoption, protective orders, paternity, and trusts and estate planning matters. She is equipped and skilled at handling complex cases, both in and out of the courtroom, to help clients receive the most optimal results possible. Jenna enjoys getting to know her clients and ensures client needs are a priority.
Jenna is a top-rated family law attorney in Indianapolis, having been selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star for her high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Jenna also is a registered Domestic Relations Mediator, a trained Parenting Coordinator, serves as a Court-appointed Guardian ad Litem for children, and is a trained collaborative professional. Though highly skilled in the courtroom, Jenna credits her training as a mediator and collaborative professional for her comprehensive and creative approach to the practice of family law, which ensures client needs are paramount. Jenna has served as Chair of the Family Law Section of the Indianapolis Bar Association and continues to be actively involved with the Indianapolis Bar Association and Indiana Bar Association.
Jenna obtained her law degree from Indiana University McKinney School of Law. Originally from a farming community in southern Indiana, Jenna has lived in the Indianapolis community since law school. She is married to a firefighter, and they have three children.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. 2012
- Honors: With Distinction
- Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis
- B.A. 2009
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Secondary Social Studies Education (B.S.); Political Science (B.A.)
- Indiana, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2022 Edition, Family Law
- Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star, Family Law, 2020 - 2021
- Guardian ad Litem, 2007 to Present
- Pro Bono Mediator, 2021 to Present
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Chair - Executive Committee Member, 2021 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Member, 2022 to Present